Monday, November 15, 2010

30 Days of Thankfulness

I am not a baker. Period.  My mother can bake.  My grandmother can bake.  My great-grandmother was a dream of a baker.  It missed me and that's all I can say.  BUT, this time of year I LOVE to enjoy all of the flavors of fall.  I decided this year to try to bless some of the people who love on my kids every week by baking them pumpkin bread.  Luckily, my friend Jennifer gave me a FOOL PROOF recipe for pumpkin bread that is DELISH!
 That was round one of teacher pumpkin bread.  Did I mention that I've got a LOT of kids to love on??  We made another eight loves, wrapped them up in a bag with a little raffia, and we were good to go.  So easy and such an easy way to thank all of the people that serve our family.
Since I'm not a baker, this is the time of year that I try to remember to also bless my family with yummy homemade treats.  Today we have some friends over to play so I whipped out one of my kids favorite snacks (that they RARELY get)...homemade granola bars.
 I don't know what it is that makes these a granola bar because to me they are just a quarter step below a cookie. But however we have to justify eating them is just fine!
Round one is half way gone and I thought I should snap a picture before the kids tore through for seconds!  I'm so thankful to be able to share some yummy homemade treats with my friends and family this season!

1 comment:

Lissa said...

I want your pumpkin bread recipe!