Thursday, November 11, 2010

30 Days of Thankfulness

Today's post will be short and sweet...or thankfully a little less sweet!
 After 12 days of a continuous stream of candy ingestion, we have finally bagged the remaining loot and put the candy buckets away!  Our dentist will be so thankful when he has a chance to fix all of the damage and decay that has been brought on by the candy equivilant of Fat Tuesday.  The worst part is that I'm a sucker for any and all things sweet.  So I've probably consumed twice as much candy over the last 12 days (plus some pre-halloween consumption) as my four children combined.  

Now, that's just sad really.  I'm a grown woman for goodness sake!  Is there no such thing as self-control.  Isn't that one of the things I spend my days continually teaching my children to use.  But, I'm a hypocrite.  I admit it.  BUT NO LONGER!  We are back to fruits and veggies and maybe a little family colon cleanse, at least for two and a half more weeks. 
 I know it's hard to tell, but these are GALLON sized bags.  That's a good 12 x12 in. bag of JUST THE NON-CHOCOLATE candy.

 And we had the same amount plus some extra of all of the chocolate goodies!  Wait, is that a Butterfinger still in the bag?  I'll just have to take care of that before the bags go into hiding.  
Kids, don't be surprised if Santa puts Halloween themed candy in your stockings this year!

No comments: